Tuesday, March 25, 2014

The day I got screwed....

And pinned and plated! Yeah, and I DID NOT enjoy it! 
Here I am with hubby..... Yes, all smiles only because I was so sleep deprived and the pain meds were wearing off!


Next I report to my command post... Why do I refer the pre-op room with this term? Well,let's back up and look up the word "Commando". Thanks to urbandictionay.com here is the definition: 

(v.) To not wear underwear. The origins for this are either "out in the open" or "ready for action". Maybe others. 
Yes, my pre-op room was the place that strip down to nothing.... and handed a paper-like gown that had holes, slits and plastic bags. 
Me in my $600 gown (you know what I mean!) attempting not to freak out because I thought I was getting a nice cloth gown ( who would have thought nice and hospital gown in the same breath would ever happen!). Plus, the Barney gown was hot and noisy.... WTF! It' was hot in the room or perhaps a hot flash? It didn't matter I was sweating.... Did I mention that the pain was creeping in.... Well, that Barney gown proved it was ok....
You see Barney gown had a opening in it so I could have cool air ... so I could cool down! 

Before I knew it, I was drugged up; marked on,and was handing my glasses to hubby and him giving me a kiss for luck! I got into the op room, I made funny and slid on the table. I do remember telling them that i was just going to sleep. 

About 3 hours later, I wake up in recovery and my darling angel of a husband is there to greet me. 
I was ready to just go home.....





No comments:

Post a Comment